karen@brightsparkelectrician.co.uk

01892 531 728

01892 531 728

kitchen dining room

News

How can I keep my child safe whilst they’re in their bedroom?

A child's bedroom should be a safe place for them to play, sleep and study.  However, by giving them the latest must have gadgets and all kinds of electrical devices you could be unintentionally creating a danger zone...read on for some tips on improving electrical safety in your child's bedroom...

Avoid spaghetti junction!

Leave the spaghetti on their plate! We're sure we don't have to tell you children make a mess, but definitely don't let them make a mess with cables. Aside from creating tangle central, cable spaghetti is also incredibly dangerous as tangled cables pose a potential fire hazard. And the same goes for trailing cables.  Not only can they be a trip hazard, they are also more likely to become damaged and have their live wires exposed.

To remedy these two problems we suggest investing in cable tidies or trunking for your child's bedroom, they won't just make it look less messy, they'll also keep the cables out the way and reduce the danger.

Switch it off...

Whether it's a computer, a games console, a TV, a stereo, a hair drier or even worse hair straighteners, make sure it's switched off and unplugged when not being used. Switching off and unplugging these devices off won't just save you money on your electricity bill it will also put a stop to the risk of an electrical fire.

Don't serve drinks in the bedroom...

Water and electricity don't mix and then again neither do kids and drinks! Put a stop to spillages and say no to drinks in the bedroom. Water (squash, juice, lemonade) and electricity are a lethal combination, so much so that a drinks spillage over an electrical device spells danger.

Let the games wait...

We know your child is probably itching to get back on that games console after they've had a bath or shower but as was said above, water and electricity are a lethal combination! It's a simple one but ensure they've properly dried off before they start touching games consoles, TVs, stereos and other electrical devices!

Chargers...

Be aware of what your child is using to charge their phone, tablet laptop or other such devices. Encourage them to use the correct charger for the correct device, there are many poor standard chargers available at market stalls and on the internet, many of these are a potential fire and shock hazard.

Recent Articles

Our timer on our central heating went and my husband was miles away at work,it was early evening when I phoned karen, but straight away she told me not to worry,to send a photo of the timer and she'd sort it out,and she did, an electrician came out with a new timer fitted it and was gone, brilliant service from start to finish, will definitely use them again and would highly recommend them

Di, Paddock Wood

I have used Bright Sparks for two jobs and have been delighted with the quality of the work carried out. Karen is very knowledgeable in her subject and her staff are very well trained , courteous and hard working. I would highly recommend the company without hesitation.

Linda R, Crowborough

Just to say a big thank you for the work that your electrician carried out at my mothers house. He was very professional and a clean worker and the finished job was a complete success. It is very comforting to know that when a tradesperson attends the property of a elderly customer that they feel safe and happy. Once again, Thanks Keith

Keith, Pembury

"I have had Bright Sparks at my property twice in the last six months to complete some electrical work. I have been blown away by the innovative efficient way I am communicated with the efficiency and ease of the process. The work has been carried out to a more than satisfactory standard and I found it to be extremely competitively priced. It is by far the best experience I have had with any service provider in forever. Thanks guys."

Andrea - Sevenoaks

Karen recently came to our place on a Sunday afternoon when our kitchen suddenly lost all power. She found and fixed the problem with the breaker very quickly, and also checked the others. She did a great job and we were very pleased to get it fixed so quickly! I recommend her to friends, and will definitely call her the next time we need an electrician.

Jo, Southborough

REQUEST QUOTE